Saturday, March 31, 2012

Weather Forecast & Change of Aeration Plans

We have been watching the weather forecast pretty closely in preparation for our upcoming spring core aeration practices. Based on the current forecast we have decided to alter our aeration plans for next week. We had planned on alternating front nine-back nine closures starting this coming Tuesday but the weather forecast is calling for a 40% chance of rain on Wednesday. (Weather Channel 10 day forecast, Saturday 3/31/12 6:30 AM).  Based on this information we have decided to aerate all regulation putting surfaces on the course on Tuesday 4/3/12. All practice greens will be done on Monday.

We still have the alternating front nine-back nine schedule in place for the remainder of the week (see the previous blog entry) but will not be able to take advantage of it if conditions are too wet or if it is raining. The remainder of the weeks forecast is calling for the above mentioned showers on Wednesday, a break on Thursday and another 30% chance of showers on Friday. Of course this forecast can change and if the conditions are right, GCM will jump on getting the fairways done as planned. As I have stated many a time, it is imperative that conditions are dry to properly complete this process and we are not going to set ourselves back by trying to get it done when it is too wet. We will communicate changing plans through the Golf Shop morning update and this Granite Bay Golf Course Update. Thanks for your understanding.

 This is an exaggeration of  the weather that is coming our way next week
however even a little rain makes the process of extracting cores, processing
them and trying to work sand topdressing back into these holes very difficult
and more importantly counter productive to the health of the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment