The contractors second day at Granite Bay was a productive one and has given us a chance to predict a tentative timeline of how the work is going to proceed. Sod installation is confirmed to start next Tuesday 8/6/19 and we will be working through this coming weekend to get and stay ahead of them. There will be several stripped surrounds with no grass on them this weekend with drop areas in front of the greens and since we will be working there will be three holes closed at any given time one of them being #17.
|Drop Area in the approach of #18.|
- Thursday 8/1/19 - Pulverize #17 Fairway. Strip Sod #'s 14 & 13.
- Friday 8/2/19 - Float #17 Fairway. Strip Sod #'s 15 & 10.
- Saturday 8/3/19 - Compact #17 Fairway. Strip Sod # 11
- Sunday 8/4/19 - Fine Grade #17 Fairway. Strip Sod # 2.
- Monday 8/5/19 - Final #17 Fairway. Strip Sod #'s 8 & 9. Tree Pruning #13-14.
- Tuesday 8/6/19 - Sod Install Begins. Strip Sod #'s 1 & 4. Tree Pruning #17
- Wednesday 8/7/19 - Sod Install Continues. Strip Sod #12. Tree Pruning #10
- Thursday 8/8/19 - Friday 8/9/19 Sod Install Continues.
- Monday 8/12/19 - Tuesday 8/11/19 Sod Install Complete.
If we are able to hold to the above timeline, and that is a big if, this coming weekend 8/3/19 - 8/4/19 we would have 5 to 7 holes that would be stripped with a drop area in the approach and two holes in addition to #17 closed while we are working. The following weekend 8/10/19 - 8/11/19 we would have 17 holes open with some sodded surrounds and some stripped surrounds. And by the weekend of 8/17/19 - 8/18/19 we should have 17 holes open with drop areas in the approach and new sod in the surrounds. #17 will remain closed until it is ready and it will not be ready by Mini Mac. Again, the above time table is just an estimate. We'll keep you appraised.
Progress Pictures from Today
|Enrique restoring left hand fairway bunker on #17|
|Restored bunker fingers on #17|
|Stripping sod on #16|
|Stripped sod around #18 green|