A few weeks ago we did some drainage work near the cart path on #8. This was a drainage project that was along time coming as some of the issues were related to the addition of the cart path in the area which was installed in 2005 - 2006. The area was well known to everyone, about 200 yards out on #8 adjacent to the cart path caused by mostly irrigation water that runs down the path and runs onto the flat section of rough and literally has no place to go. We finally made the time to fix the problem as it made it very difficult to manage the irrigation heads in the area and keep the turf dry and alive at the same time. Below are some pictures that chronicled the project from start to finish for those who are interested.
|We started by stripping the sod along the cart path about 100' along the slight swale that we felt was channeling irrigation water into the bog area.|
|Sod had to be stripped all the way down to the subsurface drainage system from the cart path left of the fairway to the drainage inlet right center.|
|Finished product after a couple of weeks and after the first mowing this week.|